While Central Georgia Technical College hoped to return to a traditional commencement ceremony this year, it is with immense disappointment that we announce that CGTC will not have an in-person ceremony. Due to the large number of CGTC graduates, we are unable to conduct an in-person ceremony that would adequately host our graduates, faculty, staff, and special guests, while adhering to social distancing guidelines issued by the Governor’s Executive Orders, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Georgia public health officials. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly, as the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and guests during the current COVID-19 pandemic is our main concern.
Although the coronavirus pandemic has altered our commencement ceremony plans, please be assured that it will not prevent us from celebrating this significant moment and acknowledging your hard work and dedication.
Instead of a traditional in-person ceremony, CGTC’s 2021 Commencement Ceremony will be held virtually on Friday, June 4, at 3:00 p.m. The virtual ceremony will be streamed on the College’s website and official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/centralgatech.
Graduates will receive additional emails regarding participation in the virtual ceremony. Please be sure to check your CGTC student email regularly for important information and updates.
If you have any questions regarding the virtual commencement ceremony, please email email@example.com.
- Graduates must satisfy the College’s residency requirement (students must complete at least 25% of the coursework in their program of study at CGTC).
- Your high school/GED transcript and college transcript (if applicable) must be on file with the Office of Admissions.
- All financial obligations or responsibilities (library fines, parking fines, financial balances, etc.) must be settled.
Graduate Application Checklist
- Submit a graduation application in the Student Portal (login to the Student Portal, click Forms, then click Apply for Graduation). You must submit the application by the end of February if you wish to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Pay the $40 application fee (degree and diploma graduates only) for each copy of the degree and/or diploma that you would like to receive.
- Students can pay by phone
- Warner Robins Campus: (478) 218-3387
- Macon Campus: (478) 757-3412
- Milledgeville Campus: (478) 445-2303
- The ACT WorkKeys assessment has been waived for all Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 graduates.
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey (the survey will be available online once you submit your graduation application through the Student Portal).
- If you received a federal student loan while attending CGTC, you must complete exit counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
*Diplomas, degrees, and certificates will be mailed 10 – 12 weeks after the semester of completion.
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Students who will complete (or who have completed) all requirements for a degree or diploma by the end of spring semester are eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Graduates may purchase class rings, graduation announcements, diploma frames, etc. online from Jostens.
Regalia (Cap and Gown)
Graduates who answered “Yes” to the graduation ceremony participation question on the graduation application will receive regalia.
GRADUATION REGALIA PICK UP INFORMATION
April 12 – April 23, 2021
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
*An email notification will be sent to all graduates who indicated “Yes” they wish to participate in the ceremony.*
- Macon Campus: Registrar’s Office
- Milledgeville Campus: Admissions Office
- Warner Robins Campus: Admissions Office
If you are not able to pick up your graduation regalia during the times specified above, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (478) 757-5294 to schedule a time/campus for pick up in the Admissions Office.
The Admissions Office will be available Monday – Thursday until 6:00 p.m.
*Please allow 24 hours when scheduling a pick up appointment.*
- Honor graduates (those with a graduation GPA of 3.5 or higher) will receive a gold honor cord, to be worn around the neck.
- Members of the National Technical Honor Society will receive a white tassel, to be worn on the cap, and a white stole, to be worn around the neck.
- Members of the Military and Veterans wear a red, white, and blue cord around their necks.
*Please note that graduates who should receive an honor cord, military veteran cord, or National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) stole can pick them up from the Registrar’s Office.*