2020 Graduation Ceremony
Friday, July 24, 2020
Time: First Ceremony at 10:00 a.m. | Second Ceremony at 3:00 p.m.
200 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217
- Graduates must satisfy the College’s residency requirement (students must complete at least 25% of the coursework in their program of study at CGTC).
- Your high school/GED transcript and college transcript (if applicable) must be on file with the Office of Admissions.
- All financial obligations or responsibilities (library fines, parking fines, financial balances, etc.) must be settled.
Graduate Application Checklist
- Submit a graduation application in the Student Portal (login to the Student Portal, click Forms, then click Apply for Graduation). You must submit the application by the end of February if you wish to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Pay the $40 application fee (degree and diploma graduates only) for each copy of the degree and/or diploma that you would like to receive.
- Students can pay by phone
- Warner Robins Campus: (478) 218-3387
- Macon Campus: (478) 757-3412
- Milledgeville Campus: (478) 445-2303
- The ACT WorkKeys assessment has been waived for all 2020 spring and summer graduates.
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey (the survey will be available online once you submit your graduation application through the Student Portal).
- If you received a federal student loan while attending CGTC, you must complete exit counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
*Diplomas, degrees, and certificates will be mailed 10 – 12 weeks after the semester of completion.
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Students who will complete (or who have completed) all requirements for a degree or diploma by the end of spring semester are eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Graduates may purchase class rings, graduation announcements, diploma frames, etc. online from Jostens.
Regalia (Cap and Gown)
Graduates who answered “Yes” to the graduation ceremony participation question on the graduation application will receive regalia.
CGTC will implement a drive-thru process for graduates to pick up their cap and gown. Students will remain in their vehicles and drive-thru the designated campus location to receive their graduation regalia.
Graduation Regalia Pick Up Information
June 29 – July 22, 2020
Wednesday Only: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Macon Campus: J-Building Parking Lot Drop-Off Area
- Milledgeville Campus: A-Building Parking Lot Drop-Off Area
- Warner Robins Campus: A-Building Drop-Off Circle
*No regalia pick up will be available on Friday, July 3, as the College will be closed to observe the Independence Day holiday.
To schedule a pick up time and location, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (478) 757-5294.
Allow 24-hour time frame when scheduling a regalia pick up appointment.
- Honor graduates (those with a graduation GPA of 3.5 or higher) will receive a gold honor cord, to be worn around the neck.
- Members of the National Technical Honor Society will receive a white tassel, to be worn on the cap, and a white stole, to be worn around the neck.
- Members of the Military and Veterans wear a red, white, and blue cord around their necks.
- The 2020 ceremony will have a limit of two guests per graduate. Participating graduates will be provided two tickets which will be included with cap and gown pickup. Guests will not be allowed to enter the ceremony without a ticket and no additional tickets will be issued to graduates.
- If special accommodations are needed for a graduate at the graduation ceremony, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Graduates should wear dark colored clothing and comfortable shoes. No tennis shoes, work boots, flip-flops, or jeans.
- All graduates should wear the tassel on the right side of their caps.
- Please do not bring items such as purses, bookbags, etc. as they cannot be carried in the processional.
- Live streaming of the ceremony may be viewed online.
- GradImages is the official photographer for the graduation ceremony; they will NOT be available to take individual pictures before or after the ceremony (please attend Grad Finale for individual pictures).
- All persons AND bags entering the ceremony are subject to search at the discretion of the facility.
- The GradImages Customer Service Department can be reached at (800) 261-2576, online at www.gradimages.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.