Grad Finale Information
Monday April 10 Macon: Library/Arts and Sciences Bldg (I bldg. Quads 2nd Floor) Time: 1 – 5pm
Tuesday April 11 Milledgeville: Health Sciences Bldg (H bldg. 1st floor Quad) Time: 12-2pm
Thursday April 13 Warner Robins: Sonny Watson Bldg (W bldg. Quads) Time: 1-5pm
2023 Graduation Ceremony Information
May 5, 2023, at 11 a.m. from the Macon Centreplex Coliseum.
What to Expect on Graduation Day FAQ’s:
Where do graduates park & check in?
How can my family or friends who are not in attendance watch the Ceremony? (Live-Stream)
I have a need for accessible seating, where do I go?
How should I dress?
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Students who will complete (or who have completed) all requirements for a degree or diploma by the end of spring semester are eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Graduates may purchase class rings, graduation announcements, diploma frames, etc. online from Jostens.
Regalia (Cap and Gown)
Graduates who answered “Yes” to the graduation ceremony participation question on the graduation application will receive regalia.
Regalia pick-up: Students can pick-up cap/gown during the Grad Finale Event or in the Registrar’s office after the event through May 5th. More information about Grad Finale will be provided at a later date.
- Honor graduates (those with a graduation GPA of 3.5 or higher) will receive a gold honor cord, to be worn around the neck.
- Members of the National Technical Honor Society will receive a white tassel, to be worn on the cap, and a white stole, to be worn around the neck.
- Members of the Military and Veterans wear a red, white, and blue cord around their necks.
*Please note that graduates who should receive an honor cord, military veteran cord, or National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) stole can pick them up from the Registrar’s Office.*
- Graduates must satisfy the College’s residency requirement (students must complete at least 25% of the coursework in their program of study at CGTC).
- Your high school/GED transcript and college transcript (if applicable) must be on file with the Office of Admissions.
- All financial obligations or responsibilities (library fines, parking fines, financial balances, etc.) must be settled.
Graduate Application Checklist
- Submit a graduation application in the Student Portal (login to the Student Portal, click Forms, then click Apply for Graduation). You must submit the application by the end of February if you wish to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Pay the $40 application fee (degree and diploma graduates only) for each copy of the degree and/or diploma that you would like to receive.
- Students can pay by phone
- Warner Robins Campus: (478) 218-3387
- Macon Campus: (478) 757-3412
- Milledgeville Campus: (478) 445-2303
- The ACT WorkKeys assessments has been waived for all graduates until further notice.
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey (the survey will be available online once you submit your graduation application through the Student Portal).
- If you received a federal student loan while attending CGTC, you must complete exit counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
*Diplomas, degrees, and certificates will be mailed 10 – 12 weeks after the semester of completion.
2022 Commencement Ceremony
CGTC’s 2022 Commencement Ceremony Streamed Live May 5, 2022, at 11 a.m. from the Macon Centreplex Coliseum. View the recorded version below. The program and the ceremony photo album can be accessed via the buttons below the video.