Applicants who have previously attended another accredited post-secondary institution may be considered for admission as a transfer student. All transfer students must submit official transcripts from each college attended. The registrar’s office will transfer credit from regional/national institutions that are equivalent in content and credit hour. If you have credit that has not been transferred, you may need to provide a course syllabus from the instructor or course description from the college website to the registrar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request Transfer of Credit Requirements:
- Course must have comparable course content.
- All courses, other than general education core classes, must have been within the past ten years from the date of admission and be approved by the Registrar.
- A maximum of seventy-five percent (75%) of program course work may be transferred from another institution.
- Transfer credit will be awarded for courses applicable to your officially chosen program of study.
- If accepted on probation, you must complete at least one semester and be in good standing at CGTC before applying for transfer credit.
- All courses from previously attended Colleges will be evaluated.
The Registrar’s Office will award transfer credit for applicable courses and may consult with appropriate faculty in the final decision of transfer credit. Please allow for 10 days for transfer credit to be entered on your student record.