Transient Students

A student in good standing at another accredited institution may be permitted to enroll as a transient student at Central Georgia Technical College in order to complete work that will be transferred to the home institution. A transient student must provide a letter from the home institution outlining approved courses. A transient student must:

  1. Submit a completed application for admission.
  2. Pay the non-refundable application fee.
  3. Present a transient letter from the home institution outlining courses to be taken while in transient status. This letter should be sent electronically to
  4. Request an official transcript to be sent back to home institution at the end of the transient semester.

PELL for Transient Students

Since PELL is provided by a student’s home college, the PELL award cannot be used at the host college for transient students. Transient students who receive PELL should contact their home college financial aid office to understand how the award will be disbursed while in transient status. Additionally, these students should be prepared to make other financial arrangements at the host college for transient courses.