Across the country, employers, educators, labor organizations, and state agencies are working together to ensure that students and employees in their communities are adequately prepared for higher-skill, higher-wage jobs.
Central Georgia Technical College is an authorized WorkKeys® service center, offering ACT’s comprehensive system for improving the workforce by using Job Profiling, Skill Assessments, and Training Programs. Companies that use WorkKeys to assess their incoming and current workforce typically achieve substantial benefits, including: Improved employee selection and advancement procedures, reduced turnover, reduced overtime, fewer legal challenges over hiring processes, and increased productivity. WorkKeys measures three workplace skills:
- Applied Mathematics
- Graphic Literacy
- Workplace Documents
A National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is earned by successfully completing those three WorkKeys assessments.
What Is It?
Job profiling helps businesses identify the skill levels that are necessary for employees to effectively perform a particular job/position.
- Gives individuals a clear picture of the skill levels they need to qualify for the jobs they want now
- Over 13,000 jobs have been profiled using the job profiling system
- Helps your business identify the skills and skill levels your employees need to effectively do the job
How it works
- A highly skilled ACT-trained job profiler will work with your company’s employees to complete a job analysis
- Your employees will serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs.) By using SMEs at your job site it makes this process EEOC compliant.
For more information on WorkKeys, please call 478-757-3550.
After registering for WorkKeys, click here to take the assessment.