The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program. WIOA funds are available for dislocated workers, low-income individuals & out-of-school youth. The funds are administered specifically through services geared toward helping disadvantaged citizens obtain meaningful employment.
WIOA provides assistance with:
- Tuition and Fees
- Program Supplies
- Uniforms and Tools
- Job Shadowing/Work Experience
*Additional support services are available based on individual eligibility and WIOA policy
The WIOA Selection Criteria
Qualifications to receive WIOA assistance depends on the following criteria:
If enrolled in an occupational credit program:
- County of Residence
- Completion of at least one semester of college
- GPA of at least 2.5
- Desire to obtain full-time employment
- Type and level of program of study
If enrolled in Adult Education services (i.e. GED):
- Age 16-24
- Not enrolled in a middle or high school
- Not enrolled in other educational programs or schools
- Have the desire and commitment to partcipate in Adult Education training
until next level completions and participate in work experience opportunities
WIOA Pre-Screen Questions
- Are you a full-time student?
- Are you unemployed as a result of plant or company lay off or facility closure?
- Are you on a low-income budget and receiving government assistance?
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call (478) 476-5252
Or contact a CGTC WIOA Career Advisors below:
Building J Room 189
Building A Room 128
Warner Robins Campus
Nakeisha Robinsonnakeisha.email@example.comRoom 164 (478) 218-3921
CGTC is a partner with the WorkSource Georgia One-Stops. CGTC students residing in Macon-Bibb are referred to the Macon-Bibb One-Stop, located at 3090 Mercer University Drive, Macon, GA 31204, for WIOA eligibility determination and services. Non Macon-Bibb residents are referred to one of the above WIOA facilitators or managers.