Identifying, Assessing, and Reducing Threats in Order to Foster a Safe Campus Environment
Central Georgia Technical College understands the climate that exists on college campuses in the post-Virginia Tech shooting era. Additionally, each technical college in Georgia has been guided by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) office to develop a plan and select a committee to address potential threats of this nature. In response, CGTC has established the Behavior Assessment and Recommendation Team (BART) to serve as an additional measure for campus safety. That having been stated, it must be understood that even with the best intentions, situations may arise that are unforeseen by any member of the college community. BART will operate in some instances with very limited information while exercising due diligence to protect the college community and the individual.
BART Mission Statement
The Behavior Assessment & Recommendation Team is committed to promoting safety through a proactive, coordinated, and planned approach to the identification, prevention, and management of interpersonal and behavioral threats to the safety and well-being of Central Georgia Technical College’s students, employees, and visitors.
- Provide a safe physical environment for members of the college community
- Provide a safe emotional environment for the college community
- Promote peace of mind for friends and family of the college community
Report the following Behaviors to BART
- Demeanor that represents a significant change in appearance, mood, and/or social functioning
- Behavior that creates a disruptive or hostile campus environment
- Actions that potentially endanger the safety of any member of the college community
- Conduct that impacts a college community member’s physical and/or psychological well-being
- Acts that cause damage to personal or college property
- Behavior that impacts the ability of students to learn, faculty to teach, or the college to conduct routine business
Report the following Behaviors to Counseling Services
- Anxious, depressed, or overwhelmed behavior
- Prolonged and significant difficulty with the demands of college
- Test, math, or writing anxiety
- Pattern of relationship problems
- Expressionless face/anhedonia
- Suicidal ideation
Student Code of Conduct Form: use this form when a student commits one or more types of misconduct listed in the Student Code of Conduct section of the catalog. Anyone can submit a Student Code of Conduct form.
BART Behavioral Concern Form: use this form when anyone exhibits concerning behavior while on CGTC property or at a college-sanctioned event. Anyone can submit a BART Concerning Behavior form.
In non-emergency situations, you may fill out an online concern report, call or email a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team, or submit an anonymous report.
In an Emergency – 911
Dial 8-911 from any campus phone
CGTC Police & Security
Warner Robins – (478) 988-6993
Macon – (478) 757-3453
Milledgeville – (478) 445-2350
Hawkinsville – (478) 783-3017
Jones County – (478) 986-4370
Monroe County – (478) 992-2717
Peach County – (478) 218-3739
Putnam County – (706) 923-5000
Twiggs County – (478) 945-2206