High school students have the opportunity to earn college course credit through a variety of options at CGTC. Dual enrollment opportunities enhance student engagement, improve graduation rates, and increase student learning. Dual enrollment at CGTC gives high school students the opportunity to get a jump start on their college career by earning college and high school credit simultaneously at little or no cost to the student.
Effective summer semester 2020, dual enrollment will have a number of changes related to grade eligibility and credit hour caps.
View changes at: FAQs – Dual Enrollment Funding Program – May 20, 2020
A few highlights of the changes to dual enrollment effective summer semester 2020 are:
- A 30 credit hour funding cap will apply to all dual enrollment students.
- 9th graders are no longer eligible for dual enrollment funding; if a student self pays for courses, 9th graders can enroll at CGTC. Dual credit is dependent upon the student’s high school.
- 10th graders are eligible for technical/CTAE courses only with few exceptions. The 30 credit hour cap applies.
- Funding will no longer cover course retakes. If a student must retake a course for satisfactory completion, the student must self-pay.
- Strict rules regarding withdrawing from classes have been added. Students cannot withdraw from more than two courses and receive dual enrollment funding.
Please note that high school students are eligible to take courses at CGTC and self pay for courses. If a student wishes to enroll but they do not meet DE funding guidelines, they may pay for the course ( Dual Enrollment Charges Acknowledgement Form) . It is dependent upon the student’s school system if they will accept the college credit as high school credit. Mandatory fees and book costs at CGTC are waived for all high school students.
Complete the application and email the PDF file to email@example.com. (Note: For best results, complete application using Adobe Reader or Acrobat.)