Central Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Accreditation processes are coordinated by the College’s Institutional Accreditation Liaison (IAL) the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness who may be reached by calling (478) 757-3424. The Commission on Colleges is to be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
Statement of Accreditation:
Central Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit. Questions about the accreditation of Central Georgia Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website at https://www.sacscoc.org.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is the body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. It serves as the common denominator of shared values and practices primarily among the diverse institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Latin America and certain other international sites approved by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degrees. The Commission also accepts applications for membership from domestic institutions in the other 39 states, as well as international institutions of higher education around the world.
Program Specific Accreditation/Licensure/Certification
- The Practical and Associate Nursing Programs at Central Georgia Technical College, located in Warner Robins, Georgia, are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, (404) 975-5000.The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Practical and Associate Nursing Program is Initial Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.com/accreditedprograms/programsearch.htm [Practical Nursing – Initial Accreditation February 20, 2018; Associate Degree Nursing – Initial Accreditation February 20, 2018; Next Site Visit: Spring 2024]
Program Outcomes for Associate of Science in Nursing as of February 2021
Program Outcomes for Practical Nursing Diploma as of February 2021
- The Automotive Technology programs offered at Central Georgia Technical College are accredited by the ASE Education foundation; a partnership of The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. [Last accreditation approval: Warner Robins 2018; Macon 2023; Milledgeville 2019; Houston County Career Academy 2022]
Automotive Technology accreditation as of May 2023
- The Cardiovascular Technology (Invasive Cardiovascular Technology and Adult Echocardiography programs) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT) [Last affirmed: March 19, 2021] The next comprehensive evaluation of the program, including a site review, is scheduled to occur no later than 2024.
Program Outcomes for Cardiovascular Technology – Adult Echocardiography as of December 2022
Program Outcomes for Cardiovascular Technology – Invasive Cardiovascular Technology as of December 2022
- The Carpentry and Construction Management programs offered at Central Georgia Technical College are accredited by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). Initial accreditation approval May 2017.
- The Cybersecurity program at Central Georgia Technical College is designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) through 2028. The CAE-CD designation is recognition from the National Security Agency (NSA) and indicates that CGTC is helping reduce threats to our national infrastructure by promoting higher education and research in cyber defense as well as providing the nation with a pipeline of qualified cybersecurity professionals. The recognition goes to the top cyber security programs in the country. Additional information is available at the National Security Agency/Central Security Service website for National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity.
- The Medical Laboratory Technology program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) and approved by the Georgia Department of Human Resources Office of Regulatory Services Diagnostic Services Unit. [Last reaffirmed: 2018]
The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences can be contacted at 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119 or https://www.naacls.org.
Program Outcomes for Medical Laboratory Technology as of April 2022
- The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements”. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s web address is: http://www.ada.org/en/coda. [Last reaffirmed: February 2016; Sub-Change Approved: August 2, 2018 Program Location Designation; Next reaffirmation: 2023]
- The Electrical Systems Technology program offered at Central Georgia Technical College are accredited by National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). Initial accreditation approval June 2017.
- The Paralegal Studies program is approved by the House of Delegates of the American Bar Association (ABA), upon recommendation of the Standing Committee on Paralegals. [Initial approval: August 2023. Next reapproval: August 2030]
- The Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158 Clearwater, FL 33763 727-210-2350 www.caahep.org
To contact CoAEMSP: 8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312 Rowlett, TX 75088 214-703-8445 FAX 214-703-8992 (CoAEMSP) www.coaemsp.org [Last affirmed 2020]
Paramedic Program Outcomes 2020
- The Pharmacy Technology Program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and approved by the Georgia Board of Pharmacy. [Last reaffirmed: July 2018]
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program at Central Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 478-218-3765 or email email@example.com. [Initial Accreditation Review: November 3, 2020; Next Visit: Fall 2025]
- The Polysomnography program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for Polysomnographic Technologist Education (CoA PSG). [Last reaffirmed: November 16, 2018] The next comprehensive evaluation of the program, including on-site review, is scheduled to occur no later than 2028.
Polysomnography Technology Positive Placement Information as of October 2017-2018
- The Radiologic Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850 Chicago, IL 60606-3182 (312) 704-5300; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Macon Campus-#0600 Status: Accredited. Length of Accreditation Award: 8 Years. Most Recent Site Visit: 02/2021. Next Scheduled Review: 01/01/2029.
Warner Robins Campus-#0456 Status: Accredited. Length of Accreditation Award: 8 Years. Most Recent Site Visit: 04/2016. Next Scheduled Review: 04/01/2024.
- The Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. [Last reaffirmed: November 18, 2016] The next comprehensive evaluation of the program, including on-site review, is scheduled to occur no later than 2026.
Surgical Technology Student Outcomes Assessment Pass Rates as of October 2021
- CGTC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology program is certificated by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) under 14 C.F.R. § Part 147 as an Aviation Maintenance Technician School (AMTS). The local Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) is located in Atlanta, GA. [Last certification approval: 2022]
- The Barbering program is approved by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. [Last approval: 2013]
- The Commercial Truck Driving program is approved by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS). [Last approval: 2013]
- The Computer Information Systems program is approved by CISCO Systems CNAP program and holds a membership with Microsoft’s Imagine Academy. [Last approved: 2018]
- Cosmetology and related programs are approved by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. [Last approval: 2013]
- The Dental Assisting program is recognized and approved by the Georgia Board of Dentistry as a provider of Expanded Duty Dental Assistant courses. [Last approval: 2023]
- The EMT and Paramedic Technology programs are approved by the Georgia Department of Public Health, Office of EMS. [Last approval: 2019]
- The Hemodialysis program is an approved program under the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT). [Last approved: 2016]
- The nursing programs (LPN and RN) are approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing, 237 Coliseum Drive, Macon, Georgia 31217-3858 (phone: 487-207-2440)
- The Patient Care Assisting programs are approved by the Georgia Medical Care Foundation (GMCF) to provide training and preparation towards a Certified Nurse Aide credential. [Last approval: 2014]
Program Specific Accreditation/Licensure/Certification
High School Accreditations:
- The Central Georgia Technical College/CGTC Academy is accredited by Cognia through the NCA CASI, NWAC and SACS CASI. Accreditation awarded June 17, 2022. Valid through June 30, 2027.
CGTC articulates credit with several local educational entities and state systems. Visit the Articulation Agreements page for more information.
Federal regulations require colleges to disclose information regarding occupational programs that require a state licensure to be employed, and the status of the program for meeting an individual state’s licensure requirements. Visit the State Licensure page for individual program details.