In accordance with the Central Georgia Technical College mission, the purpose of the CGTC Academy is to provide an opportunity for individuals to earn a high school and college credential in an effort to prepare them for in-demand careers within our eleven-county service area and throughout the state of Georgia.
At the CGTC Academy:
- Individuals will be provided with opportunities for the actualization of personal and professional success.
- Academic programs will focus on preparing individuals for sustainable employment in in-demand fields.
- Individuals will gain skills to become self-sufficient and contributing members of society.
- The Academy will provide a safe and positive learning environment that promotes academic achievement through non-traditional and blended learning methods while enhancing character development.
- Individuals will participate in activities and experiences to develop essential employability skills, positive learning perceptions, and self-assessment of learning progress.
Career Plus High School Equivalency Pathway
Career Plus High School Equivalency (HSE) offers the flexibility to earn a high school equivalency without the stress of a high-stakes test. Georgians age 21 and older without a high school diploma can acquire a basic education and high-demand workforce skills at the same time. Complete coursework to become certified in your chosen career path. Embrace the journey. Enjoy the rewards.
Why is Career Plus HSE right for me?
- Get your high school equivalency without taking a high-stakes test
- Transfer in high school credits or GED tests you have already completed
- Online high school courses available 24/7
- Enroll in college courses right away
- Tuition-free programs available
- Earn more money with a post-secondary credential
- Receive one-on-one support from Adult Education staff
Available Career Pathways:
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Programming/Technology
- Air Conditioning
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Health Science
- Industrial Maintenance
- Logistics/Transportation Technology
- Precision Manufacturing
- Welding and Joining Technology
Eligible participants must be:
- 21 years of age or older
- a Georgia resident
- enrolled in CGTC’s Adult Education program
Every Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.
Warner Robins Campus | A-Building Room-225
Dr. Tiffany Spivey
Phone: (478) 218-3369