The link to go directly to Blackboard is https://centralgatech.blackboard.com
Steps to prepare for and access an Online Blackboard Class
Blackboard Learn Getting Started Guide for Students
Username and Password
The username and password for Blackboard are:
- Username: Your CGTC student email address
- Password: If you do not know your password, please reset your password using the following instructions:
To reset your password:
- Click Student Portal on the CGTC homepage and click Reset Password? under the green login button.
- Enter your information on the Password Reset form. (All fields are required and all information must be entered exactly as it appears in our records.)
- Select the drop-down menu under Reset Password? Choose Yes, reset my password. And select Submit.
- The system will generate a random password for you. It will be displayed in bold. Highlight and copy the password or write it down. Select CGTC Single Sign On page to return to the login screen and log in with your new password.
If this if your first time logging into a CGTC resource, you will need to reset your password before proceeding. This password will be used for all CGTC resources including email, Student Portal, Banner Self-Service, Blackboard, on campus computers.
If you have not completed the initial setup of CGTC Single Sign On, please follow the new Single Sign On Setup directions. You will only need to complete this setup once.
CGTC Online Course Help Desk
Online students experiencing technical problems should first contact their course instructor for assistance. Some problems encountered are a direct result of specific software requirements or the setup of individual courses. In the event the course instructor is unable to provide appropriate assistance, students can contact the Distance Education Coordinator, email the Help Desk, or call the Customer Communication Center at 478-988-6800 (Press 5).
Distance Education Coordinator