1. Clear Holds
You must clear any holds on your account before registering for classes. The balance for any Business Office holds, such as past-due tuition/fees, must be paid before you can sign up for classes.
2. Meet With Your Advisor
You must meet with your advisor each semester in order to sign up for classes. Your advisor will help plan your schedule, make sure that you are on the right track to complete your program, and will also provide you with the alternate PIN, which you will need to sign up for classes. You can email your advisor directly through the Student Portal.
Advisor Contact Information:
Registration assistance is also available in the CARE Center at each campus (Warner Robins: room A-122, Macon: room J-104, Milledgeville: room A-145).
3. Sign Up for Classes
- A schedule of classes, including class location, is available online.
- You can sign up for classes using BannerWeb (once you login into BannerWeb, click Student Services, click Registration, then click Add/Drop Classes).
- If you have questions regarding registration, please contact your advisor.
- Consider family, work, and other time conflicts that may arise and plan your schedule accordingly.
- Once you sign up for classes, view your class schedule in BannerWeb to make sure that it is correct.
- You have three business days from the beginning of the semester to add or drop a class without penalty. If you need to drop a class after the official drop period ends, you must withdraw from the class and will incur charges for tuition and fees.
- BannerWeb Waitlist – Once a course has reached maximum enrollment limit, the waitlist option may become available for certain classes.
4. Purchase Textbooks and Supplies
- Make sure that you purchase your textbooks and supplies by the first day of class so that you do not fall behind.
- Textbooks and supplies may be purchased in the CGTC Bookstore located at each campus (Warner Robins: Building E, Macon: Building L, Milledgeville: room A-132).
5. Pay Tuition and Fees
- Payment for all tuition and fees (either in full or by signing up for the Nelnet Payment Plan) is due by the first day of the semester or mini-mester.
- You can pay for tuition and fees in BannerWeb or at the Cashier Window at each campus (Warner Robins: room A-129, Macon: room J-152, Milledgeville: room A-141).
- If you receive financial aid, be sure to accept the Terms and Conditions and authorize charges using BannerWeb.
6. Get Ready for Class
- Check your student email frequently for instructions from your instructor and other important information.
- Read your class syllabus; if you have any questions about the requirements for your class, contact your instructor.