Information contained in the student’s academic records or on the student’s academic transcript is released based upon the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations. CGTC will disclose information from a student’s education records only with the written consent of the student, except that the records may be disclosed without consent when the disclosure is to TCSG and CGTC officials who have a legitimate educational interest in the records.
Legitimate educational interests include:
- Performing a task that is specified in his or her position description or contract agreement
- Performing a task related to a student’s education
- Performing a task related to the discipline of a student
- Providing a service or benefit relating to the student or student’s family, such as health care, counseling, job placement, or financial aid
- Maintaining the safety and security of the campus
Students have the right to restrict the release of directory information as outlined by FERPA. Directory information is defined as:
- Full name of student
- Major and field(s) of study
- Enrollment Status (full-time, part-time, etc.)
- Degrees and awards and date received
- Dates of attendance
- Participation in official sports and activities
- Height and weight of athletic team members
Additionally, certain state and federal laws require the release of certain student information without prior notification to the student. Issuance of information contained on the transcript or in the student’s academic record is the responsibility of the Registrar’s Office.