First and foremost, we thank you for your service to our country. We recognize that military members, their dependents, and veterans have some unique challenges when it comes to attending college. We want you to know that as you were here for us, we are here for you. We will do our best to ensure you have a positive experience at Central Georgia Technical College.
Eligibility for In-State Tuition Waiver
Students who meet one or more of the following requirements can qualify for in-state tuition rates:
- United States military personnel stationed in Georgia and on active duty and their dependents living in Georgia
- United States military personnel, spouses, and dependent children reassigned outside Georgia, who remain continuously enrolled and on active military status
- United States military personnel and their dependents that are domiciled in Georgia, but are stationed outside the state
Exemption of Mandatory Fees for U.S. Active Duty Military, Military Reserve and Georgia National Guard Combat Veterans
1. Eligible participants must be Georgia residents who are active members of the U.S. Active Duty Military, Military Reserves and/or the Georgia National Guard and were deployed overseas for active service in a location or locations designated by the U.S. Department of Defense as combat zones on or after September 11, 2001 and served for a consecutive period of one hundred and eighty-one (181) days, or who received full disability as a result of injuries received in such combat zone, or were evacuated from such combat zone due to severe injuries during any period of time while on active service. Additionally, eligible participants must meet the admissions requirements of the applicable TCSG institution and be accepted for admission.
2. Upon request, eligible participants shall receive a waiver of all mandatory fees charged by CGTC for a term for which all students are required to make payment.
3. Students receiving this waiver shall be eligible to use the services and facilities these fees are used to provide. This benefit shall not apply to any other elective fees, special fees, or other user fees and charges (e.g., application fees).