Prospective international students must begin the application process 30-60 days prior to the semester for which they plan to enroll. All citizens of a foreign country who wish to attend CGTC and receive a Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status, must complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit all documents and forms required for international admissions:
- Application for Admission (to apply online, visit BannerWeb and click Apply for Admission.)
- Notarized Affidavit of Financial Support for International Students form or letter from banking institution (see Affidavit of Financial Support form for complete instructions)
- Copy of passport for applicant and applicant’s dependents
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-94 form (you can retrieve and print your most recent I-94 form at i94.cbp.dhs.gov ).
- Copy of TOEFL test scores
- Official copy of transcript from high school (or high school equivalent). Transcript(s) must be translated into English and evaluated by one of the following approved evaluation services:
Contacts for International Transcript Evaluation
|Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 9203
College Station, TX 77842
Phone: (979) 690-8912
P.O. Box 407
Auburn, AL 36831-0407
Phone: (334) 745-0425
|World Education Services
Attention: Documentation Center
P.O. Box 745
New York, NY 10113-0745
Phone: (800) 937-3895
|Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101 Southwest 102 Ave.
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Translation & Evaluation Services
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Make checks payable to CGTC (domestic checks only)
- To pay by credit card, visit the cashier (Warner Robins: Room A-129, Macon: Room J-152, Milledgeville: Room A-141) or call (478) 218-3387
- Take the free ACCUPLACER college placement test at CGTC (or provide a copy of ACCUPLACER, COMPASS, ACT, or SAT scores if the test has been taken within the past five years)
Please note that international students:
- are not eligible to be employed outside of the College while on a student VISA, unless it is a campus job.
- must provide an affidavit of support documenting sufficient funds to finance their education, living expenses, and other associated costs of their education.
- must contact the designated school official at (478) 445-2313 or firstname.lastname@example.org each semester to confirm their status and before withdrawing from classes, the College, or leaving the country.
- are required to enroll full-time (12 credit hours) each semester of attendance.
- may only take one online class each semester, unless the student is enrolled in their final semester prior to graduation.
- do not qualify for any type of financial aid.
- must pay tuition that is four times the rate of in-state Georgia residents.
- must assume the responsibility to communicate any difficulties in their studies at CGTC to the designated school official at (478) 445-2313 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the admissions process for international students, please contact Brandi Mitchem at (478) 445-2313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.