Prospective international students must begin the application process 30-60 days prior to the semester for which they plan to enroll. All citizens of a foreign country who wish to attend CGTC and receive a Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status, must complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit all documents and forms required for international admissions:
- Application for Admission (to apply online, visit BannerWeb and click Apply for Admission.)
- Notarized Affidavit of Financial Support for International Students form or letter from banking institution (see Affidavit of Financial Support form for complete instructions)
- Copy of passport for applicant and applicant’s dependents
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-94 form (you can retrieve and print your most recent I-94 form at i94.cbp.dhs.gov ).
- Copy of TOEFL test scores
- Official copy of transcript from high school (or high school equivalent). Transcript(s) must be translated into English and evaluated by one of the following approved evaluation services:
Contacts for International Transcript Evaluation
|Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 9203
College Station, TX 77842
Phone: (979) 690-8912
P.O. Box 407
Auburn, AL 36831-0407
Phone: (334) 745-0425
|World Education Services
P.O. Box 745
New York, NY 10113-0745
Phone: (800) 937-3895
|Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 248233
Coral Gables, FL 33124
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Translation & Evaluation Services
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Make checks payable to CGTC (domestic checks only)
- To pay by credit card, visit the cashier (Warner Robins: Room A-129, Macon: Room J-152, Milledgeville: Room A-141) or call (478) 218-3387
- Take the free ACCUPLACER college placement test at CGTC (or provide a copy of ACCUPLACER, COMPASS, ACT, or SAT scores if the test has been taken within the past five years)
Please note that international students:
- are not eligible to be employed outside of the College while on a student VISA, unless it is a campus job.
- must provide an affidavit of support documenting sufficient funds to finance their education, living expenses, and other associated costs of their education.
- must contact the designated school official at (478) 445-2313 or firstname.lastname@example.org each semester to confirm their status and before withdrawing from classes, the College, or leaving the country.
- are required to enroll full-time (12 credit hours) each semester of attendance.
- may only take one online class each semester, unless the student is enrolled in their final semester prior to graduation.
- do not qualify for any type of financial aid.
- must pay tuition that is four times the rate of in-state Georgia residents.
- must assume the responsibility to communicate any difficulties in their studies at CGTC to the designated school official at (478) 445-2313 or email@example.com.
Printable Checklist for International Prospective Students
Fall 2017 Tuition and Fees for International Students
Spring 2018 Tuition and Fees for International Students
Summer 2018 Tuition and Fees for International Students
If you have any questions regarding the admissions process for international students, please contact Brandi Mitchem at (478) 445-2313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.