CGTC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Accreditation processes are coordinated by the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness who may be reached by calling (478) 757-3424. The Commission on Colleges is to be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
Statement of Accreditation:
Central Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Central Georgia Technical College.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges is the recognized regional accrediting body in the eleven U.S. Southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) and in Latin America for those institutions of higher education that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s or doctoral degrees. The Commission on Colleges is the representative body of the College Delegate Assembly and is charged with carrying out the accreditation process.
Program Specific Accreditation/Licensure/Certification
- The Associate of Science in Nursing and the Practical Nursing Program hold candidacy status with the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000.
- The Automotive Technology programs offered at Central Georgia Technical College are accredited by the ASE Education foundation; a partnership of The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. [Last accreditation approval: Warner Robins 2018; Milledgeville 2014; Houston County Career Academy 2016]
- The Cardiovascular Technology (Invasive Cardiac Catheterization) and Adult Echocardiography Programs are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT) and Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology. [Last affirmed: 2015]
Program Outcomes for Cardiovascular Technology – Adult Echocardiography as of October 2018
Program Outcomes for Cardiovascular Technology – Invasive Cardiovascular Technology as of October 2018
- The Carpentry and Construction Management programs offered at Central Georgia Technical College are accredited by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). Initial accreditation approval May 2017.
- The Clinical Laboratory Technology program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) and approved by the Georgia Department of Human Resources Office of Regulatory Services Diagnostic Services Unit. [Last reaffirmed: 2018]
The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences can be contacted at 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119 or https://www.naacls.org.
Program Outcomes for Clinical Laboratory Technology as of October 2018
- The program in Dental Hygiene – Warner Robins Campus and Macon Campus are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and have been granted the accreditation status of approved without reporting requirements.
[Last reaffirmed: Feb. 2016].
On August 2, 2018, The Commission on Dental Accreditation approved the consolidation and continued accreditation of the Warner Robins and Macon campus Dental Hygiene programs. The CGTC Warner Robins campus is now the program’s main campus location and the Macon Campus program location is designated as a Major Educational Site. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
- The Electrical Systems Technology program offered at Central Georgia Technical College are accredited by National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). Initial accreditation approval June 2017.
- The Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158 Clearwater, FL 33763 727-210-2350 www.caahep.org
To contact CoAEMSP: 8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312 Rowlett, TX 75088 214-703-8445 FAX 214-703-8992 (CoAEMSP) www.coaemsp.org [Last affirmed 2015]
Paramedic Program Three Year Review 2015 to 2017
- The Pharmacy Technology Program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and approved by the Georgia Board of Pharmacy. [Last reaffirmed: July 2018]
- The Polysomnography program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) Committee on Accreditation for Polysomnographic Technologist Education. [Last reaffirmed: 2013]
Polysomnography Technology Positive Placement Information as of October 2017-2018
- The Radiologic Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). [Macon Campus last reaffirmed: December 13, 2016] Next comprehensive review is expected no later than 2020; [Warner Robins Campus last reaffirmed August 23, 2016] Next comprehensive review is expected no later than the second quarter of 2024.
- The Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. [Last reaffirmed: November 18, 2016] The next comprehensive evaluation of the program, including on-site review, is scheduled to occur no later than 2026.
Surgical Technology Student Outcomes Assessment Pass Rates as of October 2018
- CGTC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology program is certificated by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) under 14 C.F.R. § Part 147 as an Aviation Maintenance Technician School (AMTS). The local Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) is located in Atlanta, GA. [Last certification approval: 2018]
- The Barbering program is approved by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. [Last approval: 2013]
- The Commercial Truck Driving program is approved by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS). [Last approval: 2013]
- The Computer Information Systems program is approved by CISCO Systems CNAP program and holds a membership with Microsoft’s Imagine Academy. [Last approved: 2018]
- Cosmetology and related programs are approved by the Georgia Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. [Last approval: 2013]
- The Early Childhood Care and Education Associate Degree Program with a Paraprofessional Specialization is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. [Last approval: 2013]
- The EMT and Paramedic Technology programs are approved by the Georgia Department of Public Health, Office of EMS. [Last approval: 2014]
- The Hemodialysis program is an approved program under the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT). [Last approved: 2016]
- The Patient Care Assisting programs are approved by the Georgia Medical Care Foundation (GMCF) to provide training and preparation towards a Certified Nurse Aide credential. [Last approval: 2014]
- The Phlebotomy program is approved by the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT). [Last approval: 2013]
CGTC articulates credit with several local educational entities and state systems. Visit the Articulation Agreements page for more information.