Eatonton, Ga. – Central Georgia Technical College’s (CGTC) is scheduled to have the Commercial Truck Driving (CDL) program at the Putnam Center in January, with a first week of online instruction starting in December.
The six-week program starts with the first week of online instruction December 4-12, 2023. The driving portion of the class will begin January 9 and will end Feb. 12, 2024, at the Putnam Center. Classes are held Monday-Friday 8:00 am-2:45 pm.
“We are thrilled to welcome this high-demand program back to the Putnam County Center,” said CGTC director for the Putnam County Center, Carrie Dietrich. “We are prepared to help students excel in our community and out on the open road.”
Prospective students can apply at, www.centralgatech.edu/apply. The documents required are the following:
- Copy of a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Copy of a valid Class A learner’s permit
- Approved DOT Physical Form
- Take the free ACCUPLACER® college placement test and score at least: Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® (after 01/31/19): Reading: 218 | Writing: 222 | Arithmetic: 223 ACCUPLACER® (prior to 02/01/19): Sentence Skills: 30 | Reading Comprehension: 36 | Arithmetic: 23
- Financial aid information and eligibility requirements are available at gafutures.org/hope-state-aid- programs.
Once the application is complete and processed, the students are waitlisted for registration by acceptance date. CDL is a program eligible for funding through the HOPE Career Grant.