Peer Tutor Application
In order to become a Peer Tutor at the Academic Success Center, you must be nominated by one of your instructors.
If your instructor has informed you that you have been nominated, you will be able to fill out the Peer Tutor Application by providing your Banner ID and PIN to start the Peer Tutor Application process.
The Peer Tutor nominee should
- demonstrate above average scholarship
- possess a firm understanding of the subject(s) to be tutored
- demonstrated high standards of character
- have above average communication and human relation skills
- exhibit enthusiasm for learning and personal growth
Benefits to the Student Worker
In addition to valuable work experience, the peer tutors will
- receive training in tutoring techniques
- expand their own skills and knowledge as they help their fellow students
- work toward certification by a national tutoring association
- obtain mentoring from faculty tutors
- develop teamwork skills interacting with faculty, other tutors and students