College business operations will follow a schedule of Monday – Thursday 7:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. and Friday 7:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
In accordance with Governor Brian Kemp’s Executive Order 03.26.20.02, Central Georgia Technical College will restrict in-person instruction with limited exceptions through the rest of the Spring 2020 semester. In lieu of in-person instruction, CGTC will continue to utilize online learning delivery formats for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Check your CGTC email for communication from your instructors regarding the limited exceptions where in-person instruction will be allowed.
For other questions or services, please contact the College via phone or email.
CGTC CONTACT INFORMATION
Phone: (478) 988-6800
In an effort to assist individuals directly or indirectly affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some internet service providers are offering 60 days of free internet and Wi-Fi access to K-12 and college students. Some cell phone providers are offering unlimited data and hot spot access to their customers for 60 days. Click the links below for more information.
Updated March 27, 2020
During these challenging and unprecedented times, the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff remains the top priority of Central Georgia Technical College. Upon assessing the current COVID-19 situation and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Georgia Department of Public Health, CGTC has made the decision to postpone the May 2020 graduation ceremony.
At this time, a rescheduled date has not been finalized; however, graduates will be informed of the confirmed date well in advance of the ceremony. Thank you for your patience and consideration as the College aims to honor our graduates.
Updated March 20, 2020
- The Office of Academic Affairs will be available for assistance via phone at (478) 757-3509 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- Classes will continue to meet through distance learning formats through March 27th. Please follow instructions sent to your CGTC e-mail or contact your instructor for assistance.
- Summer and Fall semester registration will resume on Monday, March 23rd online through BannerWeb. Please check your DegreeWorks for advisement.
- Online library and tutoring services are available to students at www.centralgatech.edu/library and www.centralgatech.edu/success.
Updated March 19, 2020
Effective immediately, classes at all Adult Education sites have been suspended through March 27th. All Adult Education sites will also be closed March 30th through April 3rd for Spring Break. The Office of Adult Education will be open on the Warner Robins, Macon, and Milledgeville campuses during the College’s operating hours.
ADULT EDUCATION CONTACT INFORMATION BY CAMPUS
Updated March 18, 2020
Effective immediately, all testing services on the Warner Robins, Macon, and Milledgeville campuses have been suspended through March 31st. Visit the Testing Center web page at www.centralgatech.edu/testingcenter for further testing schedule information.
- DegreeWorks will be down on Thursday, March 19th and Friday, March 20th to complete upgrades. Students will be able to resume advisement/registration on Monday, March 23rd.
- The Office of Academic Affairs will be open during the College’s operating hours and can be contacted at (478) 757-3509.
- Students should continue to check this web page and their CGTC e-mail for updates.
Updated March 17, 2020
- Effective March 18th, all instruction has been suspended on campus and moved to a distance learning format. Students should check their CGTC e-mail for instructions.
- On-campus Library and Tutoring Services will be closed to students beginning March 18th. Services are available to students online at www.centralgatech.edu/library and www.centralgatech.edu/success.
- Summer and Fall semester advisement and registration are open to current students through BannerWeb. Students should check their DegreeWorks notes within BannerWeb and/or contact an advisor via email.
- The Office of Academic Affairs will be open on the Warner Robins, Macon, and Milledgeville campuses during the College’s operating hours.
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS CONTACT INFORMATION BY CAMPUS
Effective immediately, all GED testing has been suspended through March 31st.
Child Development Centers
The Child Development Centers will be closed beginning Wednesday, March 18th. Families will be notified as to when normal childcare services will resume. If you have any questions regarding the Child Development Centers, please contact Brett Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated March 16, 2020
- All scheduled Dual Enrollment registration sessions for spring are cancelled. Students can still register by contacting their High School Coordinator at the College. See the Dual Enrollment web page for contact information at www.centralgatech.edu/highschool.
- Testing Center schedules have been altered. Please check the updated schedules on the Testing Center web page at www.centralgatech.edu/testingcenter or call prior to arrival.
- The Admissions and Financial Aid offices are open; however, students are encouraged to do as much by BannerWeb, phone, or email as possible.
- Coursework will be conducted through distance learning unless otherwise notified. Please check your CGTC e-mail for instructions on accessing your course(s).
- Students can use the library at any of CGTC’s campuses (Warner Robins, Macon, Milledgeville) during the College’s business operating hours. Please contact the tutoring center (www.centralgatech.edu/success) at each campus for hours of operation.
Child Development Centers
- The Child Development Centers have cancelled class for the Georgia Pre-K program until further notice.
- The Child Development Centers will remain open at this time to provide childcare for those who are unable to work from home and those who work in the military, medical field, and other critical areas and are providing service to our local region and state. If you are at home, working from home, or have someone else at home to watch your children, we respectfully ask that you not bring your child to the Centers during this time.
If you have any questions regarding the Child Development Centers, please contact Brett Copeland at email@example.com.
The CGTC Bookstore (www.centralgatech.edu/bookstore) will be open Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Updated March 13, 2020
Central Georgia Technical College is committed to the well-being of its students, faculty, and staff. CGTC activated the first stages of its Pandemic and Emergency Operations Plans on March 3rd, and since that time, faculty members have been developing online and technology-enabled content for non-online courses.
Effective immediately, and through March 27th, CGTC will transition almost all instruction to online or other distance education formats. This also applies to dual enrollment students who attend classes on a CGTC campus, center, or online. Dual enrollment classes hosted at local Career Academies and high school campuses will continue to the extent the partnering school system is operational.
Students must check their CGTC-issued email account for further guidance from their instructors regarding specific instructional delivery methods and requirements.
Very limited on-campus laboratory and clinical courses may continue on a case-by-case basis. In these cases, students will be notified by their instructors via CGTC email. Adult Education students will receive guidance from their instructor at the email address provided by the student at the time of registration. For more information, contact your nearest Adult Education center.
Students without personal access to technology may complete required coursework by visiting their nearest CGTC campus or center for assistance. Please contact the campus or center for hours of operation prior to arrival.
Current student registration for Summer and Fall 2020 is scheduled to begin on Monday, March 16th. Students should check DegreeWorks online for their advisement and continue with normal registration procedures.
Spring break (March 30th through April 3rd) will continue as scheduled. Extracurricular student activities scheduled through April 3rd are cancelled, and decisions will be made on future activities based on circumstances.
The College, at this time, is continuing to maintain essential business operations. The College will enforce social distancing and increase disinfection practices; however, it is highly encouraged that students utilize phone and/or email to contact College personnel instead of physically visiting a campus or center. College business operations will follow a schedule of Monday – Thursday 7:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. and Friday 7:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The CGTC community is asked to visit this web page frequently for updates.
**PLEASE NOTE: At this time, CGTC’s Child Development Centers on the Warner Robins and Macon campuses will remain open for normal childcare services. Students in the Early Childhood Care and Education program should check their CGTC email for further guidance from their instructors.**
Central Georgia Technical College continues to actively monitor the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) due to infection with novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). People in numerous countries, including the United States, have been affected. Currently, there have not been any reports of confirmed coronavirus cases in our 11-county service area.
The College remains in contact with the Technical College System of Georgia and Georgia public health officials to ensure that we are following the latest information, trends, and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The safety and well-being of the College community is always our highest priority. We will update this page as needed to keep our campus community informed.
Preventing the illness
Currently, there is no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. To prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, the CDC recommends everyday preventive actions, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. The CDC also offers specific guidance for travelers.
What happens if a case is identified?
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus at Central Georgia Technical College or in the College’s 11- county service area. The CDC, Georgia State Department of Health, and local health care experts will be integrally involved if a case is detected in our area. The College remains in close contact with multiple agencies to understand protocols and refine our plans as the recommendations from national and state authorities evolve and change.
The College has a response plan and contingency plan that can be called into place if needed. Additional updates on these plans will be posted on our Public Safety page.
CDC Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia DPH COVID-19 Information PowerPoint
GDPH Proper Handwashing Tips
GDPH North Central Health District