The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program. WIOA funds are available for dislocated workers and low-income adults & youths. The funds are administered specifically through services geared toward helping disadvantaged citizens obtain meaningful employment.
WIOA provides assistance with:
- Tuition and Fees
- Program Supplies
- Uniforms and Tools
*Additional support services are available based on individual eligibility and WIOA policy
The WIOA Selection Criteria
The WIOA selection process is based on availability or quarterly openings and funding. Selection criteria includes:
- County of Residence
- Completion of at least one (1) semester, (case by case)
- GPA of at least 2.0
- Type and level of program (Degree/Diploma)*
- Previous work experience
- Previous post-secondary education
- Desire to obtain fulltime employment
* Some Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC) programs may be covered
* Some programs may be excluded
* Check with a CGTC WIOA representative for program qualification
WIOA Pre-Screen Questions
- Are you a full-time student?
- Are you unemployed as a result of plant or company lay off or facility closure?
- Are you on a low-income budget and receiving government assistance?
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Warner Robins Campus:
MGC WIOA Facilitator