The AG Tech to Success (AGTS) project, created by minority disabled veteran
L. Jonathan Jackson, seeks to increase the diversity of veteran farmers, ranchers, and agribusiness entrepreneurs.
AG Tech to Success is a collaborative effort between Central Georgia Technical College (CGTC), Fort Valley State University (FVSU), and STAG Vets, Inc., that aims to increase the number of qualified veterans trained and educated in food and agriculture production through a comprehensive, hands-on model farm/ranch program within the central Georgia region.
To meet the specific needs of central Georgia’s food and agriculture industries, Central Georgia Technical College developed the Sustainable Small Farm and Agriculture Technician program of study. The short-term specialized technical certificate of credit (TCC) includes hands-on training in the production, management, and marketing of small-scale food production on farmland provided by STAG Vets, Inc. and Fort Valley State University.
AG Tech to Success Project Goals
- Provide learning experiences that offer training in sustainable agriculture systems and technologies to veterans
- Increase opportunities for veterans to pursue careers in food and agriculture
- Fill existing vacancies within Georgia’s farming and agriculture infrastructure to assist with protecting state and national food security
The project’s educational experience consists of post-secondary instruction, and co-curricular activities including:
- Guest lectures from USDA representatives & local agriculture professionals
- Workshops and webinars
- Agriculture business tours
The next cohort of the Sustainable Small Farm and Agriculture Technician TCC will begin Spring 2022. Click here to enroll today!
*This project is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, [Grant No. 2020-77028-32882].
AG TECH TO SUCCESS Workshops & Events
* The grant-funded workshop series is part of the Ag Tech to Success project and is separate from the Sustainable Small Farm and Agriculture Technician TCC program of study.
Phone: (404) 695-0141
For more information about the Sustainable Small Farm and Agriculture Technician TCC program, contact:
Public Safety & Professional Services