workshops covering a variety of topics are offered each term.
An overview of each workshop is provided.
Workshop Schedule, Summer Semester 2016
Warner Robins Campus
- 12:30 pm - 1:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room C-101)
- 2:30 pm - 3:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room C-101)
- 4:30 pm - 5:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room C-101)
|Warner Robins Workshops||Workshop Date|
|Student Navigator Workshop||Wednesday, May 25, 2016 (1:00 - 2:00 pm)
|Get Better Grades!||Thursday, May 26, 2016
|Study Smarter, Not Harder||Thursday, June 2, 2016|
|Introduction to GALILEO and Citing||Tuesday, June 7, 2016|
|Write Your Way to Better Grades||Wednesday, June 8, 2016|
|Get Recharged!||Thursday, June 9, 2016
Thursday, July 14, 2016
|Read to Succeed||Wednesday, June 15, 2016|
|TKO (Test Knock Out)||Thursday, June 16, 2016|
|There's No Right Way or Wrong Way to Learn||Thursday, June 23, 2016|
For more information on Warner Robins workshops, contact (478) 218-3727.
- 12:30 pm - 1:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room D-126)
- 2:30 pm - 3:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room D-126)
- 4:30 pm - 5:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room D-126)
|Macon Workshops||Workshop Date|
|There's No Right Way or Wrong Way to Learn||Tuesday, May 24, 2016|
|Study Smarter, Not Harder||Tuesday, May 31, 2016|
|Read to Succeed/Skimming and Scanning||Tuesday, June 7, 2016|
|Test Stress/Test Taking Strategies||Tuesday, June 14, 2016|
|Get Better Grades!||Tuesday, June 28, 2016|
|Get Recharged||Tuesday, July 12, 2016|
For more information on Macon workshops, contact (478) 757-3674
- 12:30 pm - 1:10 pm (Conference Room)
- 2:30 pm - 3:10 pm (Conference Room)
- 4:30 pm - 5:10 pm (Conference Room)
|Milledgeville Workshops||Workshop Date|
|No Right or Wrong Way to Learn||Monday, May 24, 2016|
|Study Smarter, Not Harder||Monday, June 6, 2016|
|Read to Succeed/Skimming and Scanning||Monday, June 13, 2016|
|Test Stress/Test Taking Strategies||Monday, June 20, 2016|
|Getting Recharged||Monday, July 11, 2016|
For more information on Milledgeville workshops, contact (478) 445-2343.
Log onto Windows and access college programs:
- Student Portal
Designed to give students additional support following Blackboard Student Orientation
Communicate effectively with faculty/staff for college success.
Learn about responsibility, organization, ethics, and other job skills.
Learn to develop a study schedule and take good notes.
Store and manage files safely using CGTC's J-Drive
Access database information and create citations for papers using the GALILEO citation feature and other devices
Understand (comprehend) what you read
Choose the best Internet sites to support your paper and give credit to references
Improve writing skills to meet course expectations
- Attending class helps students to retain the material.
- Taking notes provides positive results-Most of the material discussed in class is forgotten within the first 24 hours if not reviewed.
- Other topics such as critical thinking, study groups, time management, note cards, and maintaining a positive attitude are discussed.
Manage test anxiety and perform better on tests
Understand how you learn and how your learning style connects with different teaching styles
Master any test and get better grades
Set goals, manage time, and effectively use smart devices, Facebook, and other social media sites
Strategies and tips
For more information contact the Academic Success Center – (478) 757-3674