workshops covering a variety of topics are offered each term.
An overview of each workshop is provided.
Workshop Schedule, Fall Semester 2016
Warner Robins Campus
- 12:30 pm - 1:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room C-101)
- 2:30 pm - 3:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room C-101)
- 4:30 pm - 5:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room C-101)
|Warner Robins Workshops||Workshop Date|
|Student Navigator Workshop||Wednesday, August 17, 2016 (9:15 am)
|Get Better Grades!||Thursday, August 25, 2016
Thursday, October 13, 2016
|Study Smarter, Not Harder||Thursday, September 1, 2016|
|There's No Right Way or Wrong Way to Learn||Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Thursday, October 27, 2016
|What Do You Think? (New)||Thursday, September 8, 2016
Thursday, November 3, 2016
|TKO (Test Knock Out)||Thursday, September 15, 2016
Thursday, November 10, 2016
|Introduction to GALILEO and Citing||Wednesday, September 21, 2016|
|Write Your Way to Better Grades||Thursday, September 22, 2016
Thursday, November 17, 2016
|Get Recharged!||Thursday, September 29, 2016
Thursday, December 1, 2016
|Read to Succeed||Thursday, October 6, 2016|
For more information on Warner Robins workshops, contact (478) 218-3727.
- 12:30 pm - 1:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room D-126)
- 2:30 pm - 3:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room D-126)
- 4:30 pm - 5:10 pm (Location: Academic Success Center Room D-126)
|Macon Workshops||Workshop Date|
|There's No Right Way or Wrong Way to Learn||Tuesday, August 23, 2016|
|Study Smarter, Not Harder||Tuesday, September 13, 2016|
|Get Better Grades!||Tuesday, September 27, 2016|
|Read to Succeed/Skimming and Scanning||Tuesday, October 11, 2016|
|Test Stress/Test Taking Strategies||Tuesday, October 25, 2016|
|Get Recharged||Tuesday, November 8, 2016|
For more information on Macon workshops, contact (478) 757-3674
- 12:30 pm - 1:10 pm (Conference Room)
- 2:30 pm - 3:10 pm (Conference Room)
- 4:30 pm - 5:10 pm (Conference Room)
|Milledgeville Workshops||Workshop Date|
|No Right or Wrong Way to Learn||Monday, August 22, 2016|
|Study Smarter, Not Harder||Monday, September 12, 2016|
|Read to Succeed/Skimming and Scanning||Monday, September 26, 2016|
|Test Stress/Test Taking Strategies||Monday, October 10, 2016|
|Getting Recharged||Monday, October 24, 2016|
For more information on Milledgeville workshops, contact (478) 445-2343.
Log onto Windows and access college programs:
- Student Portal
Designed to give students additional support following Blackboard Student Orientation
Communicate effectively with faculty/staff for college success.
Learn about responsibility, organization, ethics, and other job skills.
Learn to develop a study schedule and take good notes.
Store and manage files safely using CGTC's J-Drive
Access database information and create citations for papers using the GALILEO citation feature and other devices
Understand (comprehend) what you read
Choose the best Internet sites to support your paper and give credit to references
Improve writing skills to meet course expectations
- Attending class helps students to retain the material.
- Taking notes provides positive results-Most of the material discussed in class is forgotten within the first 24 hours if not reviewed.
- Other topics such as critical thinking, study groups, time management, note cards, and maintaining a positive attitude are discussed.
Manage test anxiety and perform better on tests
Understand how you learn and how your learning style connects with different teaching styles
Master any test and get better grades
Set goals, manage time, and effectively use smart devices, Facebook, and other social media sites
Strategies and tips
Understand how critical thinking skills help you to learn, approach situations, and make decisions.
For more information contact the Academic Success Center – (478) 757-3674