- Graduates must satisfy the College's residency requirement that students complete at least 25% of the coursework in their program of study at CGTC.
- The CGTC Admissons Office must have (on file) your high school transcript, college transcript, or GED prior to completion.
- Graduates must settle any financial obligations, responsibilities, etc. before you receive your diploma, degree, or certificate. Students must clear their account with the library and return any equipment, software, or other items on loan from the College.
Graduate Application Checklist
Please follow these steps to guide you through the graduation application process.
It is the student’s responsibility to submit a request for their associate degree, diploma or certificate.
Diplomas, degrees, and certificates will be mailed 8 - 10 weeks after the semester of completion. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar.
Graduation Ceremony Information
Students who will complete (or who have completed) a degree or diploma by the end of Spring 2017 are eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. Participants will receive a letter with graduation information. There is not a limit to the number of guests each student can invite to attend the ceremony.
Honor graduates (those with a graduation GPA of 3.5 or higher) will receive a gold honor cord at cap and gown pick-up.
If special accommodations are needed for a graduate, please contact the Registrar's Office at (478) 757-5294 or email email@example.com.
Dates to Remember:
February 28, 2017: Submit your application to graduate and to participate in the graduation ceremony. Requests submitted after the deadline will not have name appear in the graduation program.
May 1 – May 4, 2017: Pick up your Academic Regalia:
- First Step: Pay the $35.00 Graduation Fee.
- Second Step: You will receive a letter from the registrar's office stating when/where you will pick up your cap and gown. (You must have selected the "Yes" option on your graduation application form.)
- Caps and gowns must be picked up by 11:00 a.m. on May 5th. The ACT WorkKeys assessment and $35 fee must be paid in order to pick up cap and gown.
May 5, 2017: Graduation ceremony will be held at 7:00 p.m. at the Macon Centreplex Coliseum. All graduates must be seated in Exhibition Room A by 5:30 p.m.
Grad Finale Dates
Grad Finale is an annual one-stop shop event for graduating seniors that will or have completed a diploma/degree for Summer 2016, Fall 2016, or Spring 2017.
April 12th, 2017: Macon Building H Auditorium, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
April 13th, 2017: Warner Robins Building W Quads, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.