Things that May Affect Your Aid
Federal regulations require all institutions to confirm the accuracy of information submitted on the FAFSA. This process is called verification. Applicants are not selected for verification by the college. The student will be required to submit documentation to the Financial Aid Office based on federal regulations the college must follow to complete the verification process. The documents will normally include:
- Signed Verification Worksheet
- Federal Tax Return Transcript
- - Dependent student; student and parents tax transcript
- - Independent: student, and spouse if applicable.
* If you do not have a copy of your tax return transcript, you can request a tax return transcript and W2 transcript by going to www.irs.gov. Under Tools select 'Get Transcript of Your Tax Records', then click on the blue box 'Get Transcript ONLINE'. You will need to create an account and with a user ID and password. Make the user ID and password simple and easy to remember in order for you to access your account as you need to.
It may be necessary for the student to submit additional documentation in order for the verification process to be completed. The Financial Aid Office will notify the student if this additional documentation is needed. The student must submit this documentation promptly to prevent delays in completing the verification process. Delays in the verification process will cause delays in the student's aid being posted to their BannerWeb account.
Changes in the student's eligibility and aid awarded may occur if any discrepancies are found between the initial FAFSA and verification documents. The student will be responsible for paying any balance on their account due to a change in the student's aid eligibility after the verification process.
Verification Document Links
2014 – 2015
Note to Students: For 2014-15 the V2 SNAP Benefits worksheet has been discontinued. The V6 Household Resources worksheet has been added. Each verification group below is different based on verification items chosen by the Department of Education for individual students. Please make sure you are choosing the correct worksheet by referring to your Need Requirements Letter you received, your BannerWeb Account or by contacting the Financial Aid office.