Types of Aid
Scholarships and Grants
Beginning with the Fall Semester 2013, TCSG students who are receiving the HOPE Grant may also be eligible for additional financial assistance from Georgia's Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant (SIWDG) Award for the following TCSG programs:
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Early Childhood Care/Education
- Practical Nursing
To qualify, a TCSG student must be fully admitted to the college, enrolled in one of the above programs and receiving the HOPE Grant for the same term. The amount of the SIWDG Award is a fixed amount for each term of enrollment:
|Program of Study||Enrolled Hours||Award Amount|
|Commercial Truck Driving||9 or more||$1000.00|
|Early Childhood Care/Education||9 or more||$500.00|
|Practical Nursing||9 or more||$500.00|
|Early Childhood Care/Education||8 or less||$250.00|
|Practical Nursing||8 or less||$250.00|
- Eligibility for the SIWDG Award for the Commercial Truck Driving program is for one term only.
- The HOPE GED Grant, HOPE Grant, and SIWDG Award can be awarded in the same term, if all other eligibility requirements are met up to cost of attendance.
- High school students in dual enrollment programs are not eligible for the SIWDG Award.
- All eligibility requirements for the HOPE Grant apply to SIWDG.