Types of Aid
- Federally funded to students based on determined financial need.
- Must be a Pell Grant recipient.
- Must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Work in pre-approved positions on or off campus. Available positions must include community service positions and at least one position must be a reading tutor for children in a reading tutoring project or performing family literacy activities in a family literacy project.
- Paid at least at the current national minimum wage rate.
- Eligible Programs of Study: Any Title IV approved program.
The institution determines the number of hours a student is allowed to work based on the student’s financial need and on how the combination of work and study hours will affect the student’s academic progress.
Federal Work Study earned by the student is considered a part of the student’s award package and funds earned through the FWS program in addition to other aid that the student is eligible to receive cannot exceed the student’s cost of attendance budget.
To see a listing of currently available Federal Work Study positions and to apply, click here.