Types of Aid
Scholarships and Grants
ACCEL Program Eligibility Requirements
- Eligible Programs of Study: Associate Degree.
- Student must complete an online ACCEL application
- Must be approved and classified as a Dual Credit Enrollment student by the eligible high school and college at which he/she is enrolled; This includes unaccredited home study or home school programs.
- Must have not already received a high school diploma or GED
- Half-time/Full-time enrollment is not a requirement
- Not required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- May receive ACCEL payments for two semesters or three quarters per Award Year while enrolled in high school regardless of the number of credits received during each term. A student's ACCEL eligibility is not limited to a specific number of semesters or quarters over the course of the student's high school enrollment.
- Impact on future HOPE Scholarship eligibility:
– If student is eligible for the HOPE Scholarship as an entering college freshman, hours attempted as a Dual Credit Enrollment student will not count toward attempted hours or GPA;
– If student is not eligible for the HOPE Scholarship as an entering college freshman, hours attempted as a Dual Credit Enrollment student will count toward attempted hours and GPA.
– Credit hours for which a student received ACCEL payments, through FY2011, are included in the Combined Paid-Hours limit.
Award Amounts – ACCEL funds can only be applied to tuition; it will not cover fees or books. For the 2013-2014 academic year, ACCEL funds will pay the standard tuition rate of $85.00 per credit hour.
For more detailed information on the ACCEL program, visit www.gafutures.org.