Applicants who have previously attended another accredited postsecondary institution may be considered for admission as a transfer student. All transfer students must:
Submit official transcripts from each college attended.
- If you wish to receive transfer of credit, you must submit the Request for Transfer Credit Evaluation Form.
Request Transfer of Credit Requirements:
- Course must have comparable course content.
- All courses, other than general education core classes, must have been within the past five years from the date of admission and be approved by the Registrar.
- A maximum of seventy-five percent (75%) of program course work may be transferred from another institution.
- Transfer credit will be awarded for courses applicable to your officially chosen program of study.
- If accepted on probation, you must complete at least one semester and be in good standing at CGTC before applying for transfer credit.
- All learning support courses must be completed before applying for transfer credit.
- If you do not meet the requirements for transfer credit you must submit a new form when eligible.
- All courses from previously attended Colleges will be evaluated.
- The Registrar's Office will award transfer credit for applicable courses and may consult with appropriate faculty in the final decision of transfer credit. Students wishing to transfer credit from a previous college must complete a Request for Transfer Credit Evaluation form with the Registrar’s Office. Allow four to six weeks for evaluation to be completed.
more information on admission policies and procedures,
please view the online CGTC catalog.