Applicants to CGTC from foreign countries who need issuance of a student VISA I-20, F-1, M-N to obtain or change their immigrant status to student must:
- Submit completed application for admission with non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from high school or equivalent translated into English. (Choose from the approved Evaluation Services listed below.)
- Students must prove fluency in English by taking the ACCUPLACER admissions test or SAT test. Applicants located outside the US must meet the TOEFL requirements of the following: Internet-based, 61; Computer-based, 173; or paper-based 500.
- Submit copy of I-94, VISA, and passport.
- Contact the CGTC Office of International Students at 478-218-3728 or email:
additional information regarding the international student application process.
* International students are not eligible to be employed outside of the College while on a student VISA, unless it is a campus job. International students must provide an affidavit of support documenting sufficient funds to finance their education, living expenses and other associated costs of their education.
* Enrolled international students must contact the International Admissions Coordinator each semester to confirm their status.
* International students are required to enroll full-time each semester of attendance.
* Enrolled international students must contact the International Students Office before withdrawing from classes, College or leaving the country.
* International students do not qualify for any type of financial aid.
* International students must pay four times the yearly tuition of in-state students.
International students must begin the application process 30-60 days prior to the semester for which they plan to enroll. International students must assume the responsibility to communicate any difficulties in their studies at CGTC to the Vice President of Student Services or his designee. All inquiries should be directed to the International Students Office. Foreign Students are charged tuition that is four times the rate of in-state Georgia residents.
Contacts for International Transcript Evaluation
PO Box 407
Auburn, AL 36831-0407
Tel: (334) 745-0425
Fax: (334) 745-0425
|World Education Services
PO Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Tel: (800) 937-3895
Fax: (212) 966-6311
|Josef Silny & Associates
PO Box 248233
Coral Gables, FL 33124
Tel: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Translation and Evaluation Services
|Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 9203
College Station, TX 77842
Tel: (979) 690-8912
Fax: (512) 528-9293
For more information on admission policies and procedures,
please view the online CGTC catalog.