COMPASS Exit Testing Information
Preparing for the COMPASS Exit Exam
COMPASS Exit Exam Preparation
FREE individual tutoring for students is available without appointment at the Academic Success Center (D-124)
For more information call the Academic Success Center at (478) 757-3674.
What Do I Need to Bring to the Test?
You will be required to show your student ID or another form of photo identification. In addition, you must have a signed permission form* from your instructor. (*Online students should bring a copy of the e-mailed permission message from the instructor.) You will not be allowed to use or to have any calculators or electronic devices such as cell phones. No books, notebooks, or loose-leaf paper will be allowed. Scrap paper will be provided.
How Can I Study for the Test?
Achieving a passing grade in your Learning Support course(s) is a huge step in the right direction to succeeding on the COMPASS test. You can also visit one of the following websites for additional help:
- http://www.act.org/compass/sample/index.html (includes sample questions)
- http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/. (Use the drop-down menus in the Word & Sentence and Paragraph Level menus to review problem areas.)
Math COMPASS Placement Test Instructions
- The math test is multiple choice. There are not a set number of questions. There is only one correct answer for each problem given.
- You may not use your own calculator for this test. A calculator comes with the program. You can switch between a standard calculator and a scientific one by clicking on the word VIEW at the top of the calculator. The standard calculator is the only one that has the square root function; it is labeled sqrt. If the calculator does not function for more than three problems in a row, contact the proctor staff member to help you.
- You may use scratch paper and a pencil provided by the proctor to work on math problems during the test. Return all paper, used and unused, and the pencil at the end of the test to the proctor staff member.
- Select your answers by clicking on the best choice. Click the “GO On” button at the bottom right of the screen to advance to the next question. (You can change your answer at any time before clicking the Go On button. Once you advance to the next screen, however, you cannot edit your response.)
Reading COMPASS Placement Test Instructions
Writing COMPASS Placement Test Instructions
Practice exams and tips from the University of North Georgia.