Across the country, employers, educators, labor organizations, and state agencies are working together to ensure that students and employees in their communities are adequately prepared for higher-skill, higher-wage jobs.
Technical College is an authorized Work Keys® service center,
offering ACTs comprehensive system for improving the workforce
by using Job Profiling, Skill Assessments, and Training Programs.
Companies that use Work Keys to assess their incoming and current
workforce typically achieve substantial benefits, including: Improved
employee selection and advancement procedures, reduced turnover,
reduced overtime, fewer legal challenges over hiring processes,
and increased productivity. Work
Keys measures eight workplace skills:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Technology
- Locating Information
- Reading for Information
What Is It?
Job profiling helps businesses identify the skill levels that are necessary for employees to effectively perform a particular job/postition.
- Gives individuals a clear picture of the skill levels they need to qualify for the jobs they want now
- Over 13,000 jobs have been profiled using the job profiling system
- Helps your business identify the skills and skill levels your employees need to effectively do the job
How it works
- A highly skilled ACT-trained job profiler will work with your company's employees to complete a job analysis
- Your employees will serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs.) By using SMEs at your job site it makes this process EEOC compliant.
For more information on Work Keys, please call 478-757-3550.