Future Online Students: Basic Skills
Do you have the necessary computer skills to complete an online course?
- Familiar with the operating system of the computer being used to access the Internet course
- Understand terms such as mouse, drag, open, select, file, choose, double-click, download, upload, send, etc.
- Save, copy and find files/folders on discs and hard drives
- Navigate between two or more applications without closing and re-opening (multitasking)
- Minimize/maximize Windows
- Send, open, reply to, and forward a message
- Enter a message subject
- Send an attachment
- Open and/or save an attachment
Web Browser Skills
- Go to a specific URL
- Print a page
- Follow a hypertext link
- Conduct a basic search using a search engine
- Download and install plug-ins
Word Processor Skills
- Open a new file
- Open an existing file
- Save a file
- Rename a file (Save As)
- Cut, paste, format text
- Print a document
Interesting in taking online classes?
New students should contact Admissions or call 478-955-6800.
Current/returning students should contact their advisor or call 478-988-6800.
Distance Education Staff
Distance Education Coordinator
Instructional Design Specialist
Dean, Distance Education