Online Learning FAQs
The first step is to be accepted at CGTC. You can contact the Admissions Office at (478) 757-3403 or (478) 445-2303 for details on CGTC's admissions policy. After you are admitted, you can find out how to register for an online course by visiting the Online Registration Page.
An overview of the complete admissions and registration process is also available.
Courses are maintained on the ANGEL server.
ANGEL is a Web-based course management and collaboration portal that enables educators to manage course materials and to communicate with students. Once you enter your username and password, you will go directly to your own course homepage.
The username and password for ANGEL is:
The school code for CGTC is 35 and your student id is the number printed on your ID card. You will NOT be able to use your social security number.
For example, if your school is Central Georgia Technical College and your student id is 910199999, your username would be 35_910199999 and your password would be 35_910199999.
Find out your ANGEL Account Information.
The link for ANGEL is:
http://centralgatech.angellearning.com. Please bookmark or add this link to your "Favorites."
Your course content is available the first day of the term. However, if you register for a course during drop/add, please allow 24 hours for you to be entered into ANGEL for that course. If you do not have access to ANGEL after one day, please contact the instructor of the class or use the Online Course Problem Reporter.
All CGTC students will be provided student email accounts through https://mymail.centralgatech.edu.
Online students are entitled to all student services. Visit the Student Affairs homepage for more information on particular services.
To take full advantage of the interactivity of the courses, the following setup is recommended:
- Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Macintosh OS/X operating system
- An Internet connection through a commercial Internet Service Provider.
Some ISPs available on the Internet*:
Microsoft Online Services
Or check with your phone or cable company for Internet service options*...
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (7 or higher) or Mozilla Firefox (2 or higher)
- Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or higher
- Sound card and speakers
- More information is available on the technical requirements orientation page.
*Central Georgia Technical College does not endorse these Internet Service Providers over any others. This is simply a list provided for your convenience.
Some classes will require at least one proctored exam, but it varies from course to course. Examine the comments on the courses link to view individual requirements for each course.
Directions to Macon Campus from I-75:
- Take exit 162, U.S. Highway 80, GA Highway 22 (Eisenhower Parkway)
- Head west on U.S. 80/GA 22 (Eisenhower Pkwy) approx. 2 miles
- Turn left at Macon Tech Drive (traffic light intersection w/ Applebee's on left corner - Macon Mall on right)
- Central Georgia Tech is straight ahead (Main
Building visible at crest of hill)
Directions to Macon Campus from I-475:
- Take exit 3, U.S. Highway 80/GA Highway 22 (Eisenhower Parkway)
- Head east on U.S. 80/GA 22 (Eisenhower Pkwy) approx. 2 miles
- Turn right at Macon Tech Drive (traffic light intersection w/ Applebee's on right corner - Macon Mall on left)
- Central Georgia Tech is straight ahead (Main Building visible at crest of hill)
|Tuition Per Credit Hour *|
|Credit Hours||Tuition 201512 (Fall Semester 2014)|
|12 (full time)||1068.00|
|15 or more||1335.00|
Commercial Truck Driving tuition is $132/credit hour.
|Required Student Fees per Semester|
|Instructional Technology Support Fee||105.00|
|Student Accident Insurance||4.00|
* All fees are subject to change during the year. Certain programs may have a higher rate of tuition. Please refer to the CGTC catalog.
Tuition for out-of-state students is two times the regular tuition.
Tuition for foreign students is four times the regular tuition.
For a comprehensive listing of tuition and fees, please refer to the CGTC catalog.
Interesting in taking online classes?
New students should contact Admissions or call 478-955-6800.
Current/returning students should contact their advisor or call 478-988-6800.
Distance Education Staff
Distance Education Coordinator
Instructional Design Specialist
Dean, Distance Education