Centers in each of the 11 counties served by Adult Education Division offer orientation weekly. During orientation, students receive information about the program and complete an assessment requirement to help identify academic strengths, and a customized plan fro each individual student. A typical orientation consists of three sessions.
- Introduction to Adult Education/Goal-Setting
- Transition Services Presentation
- Completing Administrative documentation
- Locator Assessment
- TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education)
- Score Review
- Classroom Assignment
Use this Google form to pre-register for an Adult Education Orientation: Pre-Registration Form
Once committed to an orientation session you will need to officially register. To do so, bring the following with you to the appropriate center location:
- Valid, government issued photo ID
- Letters of referral (from referral agencies, or Central Georgia Technical College); if applicable
- Documentation of any accommodations as documented by a physician (Must be dated with the last 5 years)
- Underage youth (Ages 16 & 17) must pre-register by a parent. The student will need to bring a state-issued identification and the Withdrawal Form from school.
- If you have taken parts of the GED Test, bring a copy of GED test record.