Applicants who have previously attended another accredited post-secondary institution may be considered for admission as a transfer student. All transfer students must:
- Submit official transcripts from each college attended.
- If you wish to receive transfer of credit, you must submit the Request for Transfer Credit Evaluation Form.
Request Transfer of Credit Requirements:
- Course must have comparable course content.
- All courses, other than general education core classes, must have been within the past five years from the date of admission and be approved by the Registrar.
- A maximum of seventy-five percent (75%) of program course work may be transferred from another institution.
- Transfer credit will be awarded for courses applicable to your officially chosen program of study.
- If accepted on probation, you must complete at least one semester and be in good standing at CGTC before applying for transfer credit.
- All learning support courses must be completed before applying for transfer credit.
- If you do not meet the requirements for transfer credit you must submit a new form when eligible.
- All courses from previously attended Colleges will be evaluated.
- The Registrar’s Office will award transfer credit for applicable courses and may consult with appropriate faculty in the final decision of transfer credit. Students wishing to transfer credit from a previous college must complete a Request for Transfer Credit Evaluation form with the Registrar’s Office. Allow four to six weeks for evaluation to be completed.